Default Installing 6.0.1 and Testing Email from the Untangle Box

After looking around at the forums, I have not seen anybody report an issue with sending a test email from their Untangle Box using 6.0.1.

I used 5.3 before without any issue in both router or transparent bridge to send a test email from Untangle without having to do any email config during the initial wizard setup.

In 6.0.1 the Untangle wizard says it sends the email but I do not get anything in my inbox or junk email box. I also tried reinstalling, but to no avail.

Has anybody encountered the same issue?

If so, what did you do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by StartIT; 12-17-2008 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Correcting Grammar

Untangler

The ISP you are using for this test, do they allow outgoing mail?
    Many providers have taken the easy way out of securing their network by blocking clients from having their own mail server, to 'prevent' spam. Instead, you are forced to use their mail server for outgoing mail.
    This may not apply to you however. Do you have an older setup you could test with?
    Our Current Platform [INACTIVE Until further notice - finally in a new building!]
    ---------------------------------
    Intel Desktop Board type D865GVHZ + Intel P4 3.0Ghz HT, 2GB Dual-channel RAM, 40GB HDD, 3x3Com 309x 10/100 PCI, 3Mbit 4 to 1 Business Cable, roughly 500 users and 220 machines and growing.
    ---------------------------------
    Please make use of the Untangle Bugzilla to vote for and report issues/requests!!

Well that is the funny thing. When I worked with the 5.3 distribution of Untangle loaded as a virtualized system (running in Virtual Box). It was able to send out a test email to ensure the untangle box can send one.

But now I am running 6.0.1 on an Athlon XP 1.8 GHz chip with 768 MB and 120 gig drive and 2 NIC cards. The hardware setup did not give me any issues. Install went fine

But now I don't have the 5.3 ISO to do a test with the physical hardware.

As for the ISP it has been Verizon FIOS. I know they have been known for quashing emails on port 25 via DSL. They might have included fiber customers too.

Any suggestions to deal with the ISP.
    I might have to go to someone that has a cable hookup in their house

Thank you!