Default untangle is compatible with server2003???

hi all
    i heard untangle is not compatible with server2003 , have to install only on linux platform is it true ?

Untangler

That depends on what you mean compatible.

I think you can run the Windows version on Windows Server 2003 (others will be able to confirm this), but if you are trying to operate in a corporate environment and have more than a small handful of users, you will want to bare-metal install the full system (which is based on linux).

As for supporting Windows behind the Untangle box, then this works fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if the details of what the Windows version of Untangle runs on is listed in the wiki (link at the top of the forum page, on the green bar.

Master Untangler

untangle can be installed in a few different ways.
    one way would be the re-router version where you install re-router on a windows box
    another way is to install it in a VM
    the third and best way is to install the server version on its own box. it IS the OS so you dont install it alongside another OS.

The Windows Re-Router is only officially supported on Windows XP Professional.

The only successful deployments over Windows 2003 have been within VMWare Server. (or some other virtual platform)

Personally, I don't use anything but the standalone with the Untangle supplied ISO image.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com