Default untangle service couldnt start

After deploying a untangle server as gateway in my company, I decided to try rerouter in my home. but installatin process just stay in the starting status. I checked the service console and the untangle service is not up. when I tryed to start the service I got error 1067 message window saying the process is terminated.

My pc is amd dual core, 2g ram. untangle version is 6.02 for windows.

any idea?

I've been having a similar problem that I'm posting in another thread. I have found the following to work:

Uninstall rerouter and delete the directory. Reinstall rerouter. After you see the install splash screen wait about an hour then go into the program file directory to the untangle folder and double click on the untangle VM config file not the VM machine file which is quite a large file, you want the smaller file. The process should continue and install successfully. Make sure that you DO NOT exit the install before you double click on the config file or you'll have to start over and uninstall again. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I tryed your way but it didnt work. the tray icon stop animating after about 40 minutes and didnt response to the right click. I ran the vmx file and untangle in vmware player started. but it seems untangle need manual configuration just like iso installation and there is only one adapter found so I dont think it ganna work.

anyway, I give up and will try next version.

I'm sorry. I didn't read your post close enough. You want to run a gateway. You'll need at least 2 network connections to run rerouter in gateway mode. I run the rerouter in bridge mode. This allows me to monitor and manage network traffic with out using the DHCP function of Rerouter. I have OpenDNS set through my Netgear router for my DNS servers for backup filtering and protection. This way I only need 1 network card(connection).

In my above post make sure that the VM player uninstalled. I went into administrative tools->services and shut down the four untangle processes before I uninstalled anything. Then reinstalled. I also shut down Spybot S&D, Adaware, and my zonealarm firewall on the host machine before I installed the second time just in case these might have caused my problem.

I'm not an expert by no means but these are the things that I tried.
    Last edited by jheyboer1; 02-23-2009 at 10:23 AM.

on some machines vmware just won't start as a service.

to be honest we don't know why - it just won't

are you running XP? what service pack?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    on some machines vmware just won't start as a service.

to be honest we don't know why - it just won't

are you running XP? what service pack?
    Hello,
    i have the same Problem. Win XP Pro with SP3. Can you help me

Hi !!

I have the exact same problem, with 2 PC's one at work HP DC7800 3GB RAM and one at home AMD X2 4GB RAM.

Work = Windows XP SP3
    Home = Windows 7

Please Help !!! thx in advanced

HI

I also have same problem running on win xp pro with service pack 3

Quote Originally Posted by thorx3 View Post
    Hi !!

I have the exact same problem, with 2 PC's one at work HP DC7800 3GB RAM and one at home AMD X2 4GB RAM.

Work = Windows XP SP3
    Home = Windows 7

Please Help !!! thx in advanced
    I have to point out your second example means nothing. UT for Windows ONLY works on XP, and even then as you've seen, intermittently.

Version 2 should help some of this...

In the meantime, given the load UT imposes on a system... why use re-router at all? You can't use the local station for anything else anyway because it's burning itself up on VMWare and UT...

ISO install, bridge mode... done. It's the same thing only more stable.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com