Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Untangle Patches / Upgrades Question

Are patches and upgrades to new versions of untangle server supported seamlessly or does it require a fresh installation or the software?

it is automatic

config->upgrade to tune the settings
    note: if you turn off upgrades you still get signatures but no new upgrades to the platform or application code
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Thanks for the prompt response.

Now, I assume that it is automatic for both patches and major upgrades. So, for example, when a new version, let's say version 7, comes out, it is an automatic upgrade. Therefore, one would not lose their configuration.

Hey Dirk,

My upgrades seem to be "stuck" for lack of a better term. The claim to be downloading, but never do, the same upgrades/updates for maybe a month now just hangong out there. I had them set to install auto"magically" which has worked flawlessly, till sometime in the recent past. I have set it to manula and tried to upgrade/update but it just runs on forever stating it is downloading updates. Any tips?

BYW, can not ssh into the box either. I get a network error "connection timed out" form Putty. I found some suggestions in the forum here for this, but none have worked thus far. Again, any tips?

Time for a fresh install.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Quote Originally Posted by dnickason View Post
    BYW, can not ssh into the box either. I get a network error "connection timed out" form Putty. I found some suggestions in the forum here for this, but none have worked thus far. Again, any tips?
    I am sure I am asking the obvious here, but you did enable SSH on the UT box? As it does not come enabled by default.

Default Hostname Dynamic DNS service

Quote Originally Posted by dnickason View Post
    If your external interface derives its IP as DYNAMIC and does not get refreshed properly then you could get the "connection timed out" using SSH. Once the IP get properly set that error should go away. I use a dynamic IP configuration and I had one occasion where I experienced the same issue -- I checked my IP credentials and sure enough my ISP had changed my IP address but for some reason Untangle did not refresh my Hostname Dynamic DNS service.
    Last edited by mozerd; 03-03-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: fix typo

Yea, ssh is enabled. Wish it was that simple. I am using ssh internally, from my desktop. I am afraid however that PROACTIVENS is right. It may be time for a fresh install.

I have never had to restore a back to my Untangle Server. Anyone out there done so after a fresh reload and had problems? Is there anything I need to watch out for?

Lastly, I have an XD server, is it enough to download the package or should I use an ISO, an external CD/DVD rom and reload the whole thing? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this does mean bringing down my entire network, email, and our company website. I hope to do this tonight. Just need to know how long I will be at work.
    Dan Nickason
    IT Manager
    Genesis Physicians Group
    Dallas, TX 75251

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast