Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Untanglit

Ok. so it doesn't seem like this problem was completely resolved. I also have a Vostro 220s. How do I get to the right place to do what castries has mentioned. I am getting the out of range error.

I'm a newbie to Untangle and Linux. This little snippet of code save LOTS of frustration! setting the virtual screen to 1024 768 made all the difference with my Vostro 220s!

JR.

Default Video Issue Work-Around

First Post. Love this software, now that it is finally installed and I can see it and play with it. After a struggle with trying to edit xorg.cong, etc, because of video issues, I finally decided to try a different tact. I downloaded version 6.0 at sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=199494&package_id=236700

I then installed it, allowed it to do its thing and then upgraded to the latest version 6.2.0 and voila. I can now see the GUI and really start to appreciate what a gem this is. And I am running the latest version on old equipment, old video, no editing any files. The install warned me that the processor was not up to the task but I am only playing at the moment on a small network of little consequence.

The first install went sideways, perhaps because I was impatient but who knows. The second install, which I walked away from several times to allow whatever was going to happen to happen, went well. The upgrade happened in two stages. I then had to select the applications I wanted by clicking on them for the first time and allow them to install.

I'm pretty stoked. Way easier than editing files as a linux/untangle newbie, which I am. A bit of a cheesy workaround but it worked for me. The version 6.0 video settings seem to have carried through to my 6.2.0 install. Or perhaps it was just dumb luck, but worth a try Perhaps it will work for you too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345