Default Untangle for Win -- Network PC's get no internet, even after 15+ mins

I have just installed untangle for windows to try it out (if I like it I plan to use dedicated box).

I got it installed and running -- but none of the PC's on my network can get to the internet..... except the PC that is running untangle.

I waited 15+ minutes just to make sure it was not the initial hiccup that is mentioned in the getting started guide.

I checked a couple of the PC's on the network and did "arp -a" and the real gateway IP, and the untangle IP both had same MAC address -- so that part seems to have worked. -- When I shutdown untangle, almost instantly the gateway IP again showed it's real MAC when doing "arp -a" on one of the network PC's.

Any idea's what my problem is?

p.s. Not sure if this is significant, but in "arp -a" listingt - he MAC shown for the untangle IP, and the MAC shown for the IP of the computer running untangle, were not the same.
    Last edited by bdb4269; 03-25-2009 at 04:59 PM.

edit:

misread your post the first time.

if arp -a shows the gateway MAC is different than the machine hosting untangle then the re-routing isn't working.

Go into config->networking->advanced->re-router (or "single NIC") and see what going on in there.
    post a screenshot
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I think you read it right the first time. Untangle MAC shows as same as gateway MAC when untangle is running. (Sorry I was a bit unclear)

I will try restarting gateway next time I get a chance to start untangle. --- I should restart gateway, after untangle is 100% up and running -- correct?

oh ok, if you hosts show the same MAC for untangle pc and the gateway they are being re-routed properly.

The only obvious reason I could see that they wouldn't be online is that the traffic coming back from the internet through the gateway isn't also going through untangle.

let me know if the gateway reboot works - what kind of gateway is it?

you should check connectivity and DNS seperately.
    for example, ping 4.2.2.1 and see if that works. ping google.com, telnet google.com 80, etc.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

It is a SonicWall "PRO" (Which is a really really old model)

wow -- I feel like a fool -- We just switched to Kaspersky, and I wasn't even thinking about it's 'Anti-Hacker' firewall. (Previously we were using AVG with no firewall.)

Anyway -- disabled the firewall and viola -- it works like a charm.

nice!