Thread: Setup

Default Setup

Hello,

I install the Untangle, but once the setup is that I have problems.

Identification Cards in the network it finds all my three, but when I go on Next he opens a warning box saying:

You can not remap the inetrface.
    Unable to configure your external interface.

What may be happening?

Grateful,

Serfran

I think based on your post, what you are trying to remap your external interface to another NIC before you have gave it the IP information it wants. My guess is either give it what it wants and try to remapping the ports again, or give it all the basic information it needs and remap the ports post install rather than fighting with the wizard.

I wait to figure out the interfaces after the setup wizard because I use the refresh button to check the status of the interface, that is one thing missing on the setup wizard.

Hope I am of some help, considering the time of day.

GL
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Hello,

I am not trying to remap. Until now I only UNTANGLE installed on my machine that has three NIC. After I installed, got the CD and restart it.

In "Configure Your Server ===> Network Cards ===> Identify Network Cards" all three NIC are identified:
    External eth0: connected
    DMZ eth2: connected
    Internal eth1: connected

I click Next and I see a text box:

Unable to remap the interfaces.
    Unable to configure the external interface.

And nothing else happens. Ii I can not for the "Internet Connection" screen!

Thank's

serfran

Hmmm, without know the specifics of you system. I am going to say it is your network cards, they are not compatible with untangle.

Maybe someone else has some more input.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

I will replace the network cards and verify the operation.
    I post the results

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    Hmmm, without know the specifics of you system. I am going to say it is your network cards, they are not compatible with untangle.

Maybe someone else has some more input.
    I'm getting the same thing. Did it turn out that the NIC's were not compatible? Did you try others?

Thanks.

If they show up in the installer the NICs are fine..

However, the DMZ adapter by default is bridged to external. Not all network drivers support bridge mode and can throw all sorts of fun errors.

In the end, replacing the network cards with good interfaces (intel) is the best path. However, you could also solve the issue by removing or disabling the DMZ adapter during install, and make sure you get it out of bridge mode before you try and use it.

That is, assuming your adapters are whining about being bridged..
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com