Untanglit

Question Help UT 6.1 router over PPPoE

Hello.

I am trying to install untangle 6.1 as a router, what I have is a 2wire 2070 modem connected to Internet over PPPoE and then a switch to which pc´s are connected.

What I did was to disable the modem and trying to put it in bridge mode as indicated in wiki-faq "How do I replace my DSL router with the Untangle Server?" when I did that I got the next message from my modem “PPPoE , PPPoA or Route IPoA are not supported in bridge mode” and of course the change to bridge mode was not done, then I changed my connection to “Direct IP (DHCP or static)”, I am not sure this is the right step I just did it to be able to change to bridge mode, at that moment the modem did not have connection to Internet and I thought that was normal and that UT will make the connection so I went ahead and tried to do that on UT (connecting over PPPoE) but when I did it the connection failed (both network cards are recognized properly)

Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or what should I do?

Thanks fellas.

Router mode with PPPoe connected directly from the External nic to the DSL modem. That is how I connect, or used to. Fresh install of 6.1 and I'm unable to authenticate to my PPPoe provider using Untangle. I can sign into the modem itself, or my linksys broadband router, but connect it to Untangle 6.1 and it gets DNS, but won't authenticate.

No clue where to go from here.

Untangler

I have a 2wire modem in bridge mode. Untangle in router mode running 6.1. Setup the external interface for pppoe and it should work. Works fine with a qwest dsl that is supposed to be pppoa. Make sure you have the interfaces right.

Don
    Last edited by donhwyo; 04-30-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Its not the topology thats not working. Its the PPPoe setup post installation. Install untangle, reboot, the untangle server comes up and automatically starts an initial setup script. During the script, I tell it which NIC is external and which is internal, select pppoe, put my username and password in, and click test connectivity. At this point, it tells me DNS succeeded, but Internet didn't. From that point in, it continues to error out with the error "unable to configure external interface".