Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default 6.1 Fresh Install

Since no one in 2 weeks has replied to my other thread I'm posting a new one.

After installation i see the untangle bootup screen, After it finished I get a black screen with the following text.

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 untangle.example.com tty1
    Untangle login:

Clock Speed & Cache: (2) Intel Pentium III 1.4 GHz L2 Cache 512 KB
    SCSI Controller Info: Adaptec AIC-7892 Ultra160/m PCI SCSI Card
    SCSI Firmware Revision: BIOS V2.7-0
    Video Controller: ATI Rage XL PCI
    Network Card: 2 x Intel Pro 1000 XT Gigabit Ethernet Adapters
    Memory : 2048 MB PC2100

Any help would be appreciated.

Master Untangler

Is it working, but just without the GUI? Is this issue specific to UT v6.1? How was v6.02?

Master Untangler

I can't tell if it is working, this is a fresh install, it wasn't an upgrade. i have nothing to login with.

yes 6.0.2 worked perfectly.

Its hard to tell. It may be hardware, it may not. Try reburning the iso on a slower speed and reinstalling. Your hardware looks underpowered on the cpu end, but I have no doubts that it would work in a small environment. 6.1 has been better with hardware compatibility, but some have seen 6.1 make their systems incompatible.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Master Untangler

I have reburnt the image, redownloaded the image, tested the image, it is fine. installs fine. just will not boot up..

The hardware is fine. I bought that server with those specs just for my network. It has plenty to keep less then 10 computers on the network.

Edit - (Meant the hardware is fine for my network, If it is supported with the 6.1 build I am not sure)

try hitting alt-control-backspace a few times
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

here we go.

[575.640124] SysRq: HELP : loglevel0-8 reBoot Crashdump tErm Full kIll saK aLIcpus showMem Nice powerOff showPc show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync showTasks Unmount shoW-blocked tasks

[575.059651] SysRq: HELP : loglevel0-8 reBoot Crashdump tErm Full kIll saK aLIcpus showMem Nice powerOff showPc show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync showTasks Unmount shoW-blocked tasks

[575.786218] SysRq: HELP : loglevel0-8 reBoot Crashdump tErm Full kIll saK aLIcpus showMem Nice powerOff showPc show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync showTasks Unmount shoW-blocked tasks

I have a little different problem. Installed on a Sun x4100 so the system requirements are well met. I've checked and double checked to make sure the external and internal ports are identified correctly. I have only the web filter currently loaded but turned off.

The problem is from my clients on my home network I can not access the internet. UT is in bridge mode between my cable modem and dd-wrt box. I can access the UT box from internal and from the UT box I can access the web. I had a diff box that i configured and worked but the PS went out and I had an extra x4100 box.

I'm sure it's something simple but what....?

Thanks!

Master Untangler

Perhaps you should create your own thread as that is completely unrelated to mine.

I have tried the same thing with bypass hardware mode and I still get the login prompt

Master Untangler

Another update, I plugged the external port into my switch and it grab an ip, and It brings me to the untangle page and says "Off-site administration is disabled. " so i am pretty sure it is working...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast