Untanglit

Default Certificate switches back to self signed

I recently installed an Untangle server. I imported a certificate for it and it installs correctly and works fine. Then on three different occasions, Untangle has switched itself back to a self signed certificate. I don't know what is causing it to do this. I want it to always use the certificate that I imported.

Strange bug. Has anyone else encountered this and does anyone know how to stop it?

Thanks,

RKinch

Untanglit

Default Happened again

I had logged into this server last night and the good certificate was installed and working fine. I went to logon this morning: certificate errors - it switched back again.

There must be a bug in Untangle somewhere that is allowing this to happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Untanglit

Thumbs down Anyone from Untangle have a thought on this?

I am still experiencing this problem where Untangle will switch back to a self signed certificate. I'm hoping the version 6.2 will miraculously fix the problem, though I don't know when I can actually download it (It doesn't seem to be out yet).

Thanks,

Russ

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by rkinch View Post
    I am still experiencing this problem where Untangle will switch back to a self signed certificate. I'm hoping the version 6.2 will miraculously fix the problem, though I don't know when I can actually download it (It doesn't seem to be out yet).

Thanks,

Russ
    See this post on how to get to version 6.2:

http://forums.untangle.com/networkin...html#post60546

Sorry I can't offer you more.

Default Same problem on 6.2

I have the same problem on one of my Untangle servers running 6.2. It has switched back to a self-signed certificate about three times now. I haven't yet found a reason/pattern.

Master Untangler

I am having the exact same issue and it is more than annoying since we have rolled out the Quarantine Digest to the users. I experience a bit of a different scenario where the certificate reverts to a different certificate EVERYDAY!

I've installed the self-signed certificate (the one that is auto-generated by Untangle) in both IE7 and Firefox, then the next day when I browse to any of the SSL Untangle pages (Admin console or the Quarantine landing page), I receive the error again.

I've logged into Untangle and generated my own self-signed certificate (which appears to be different than the one that Untangle auto-generates), imported into both IE7 and Firefox, then the next day, an error!

I love the Untangle product, but this is really annoying. I hope someone can chime in with an update/fix soon. Or at a minimum, if a forum admin can confirm if this is a bug.

fyi, this is already fixed in the code and will be included in the next version.

basically we removed the whole 'automatic regeneration' of the cert code because it was just too aggressive and ended up regenerating new certs on top of perfectly good certs whenever it thought it needed to.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Fantastic, thanks for the update!

I'm currently running 6.2.0. Any idea when the next version will be released?

Gotta love Untangle!!

late september/early october would be my guess.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com