Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Untanlge Automaticall Upgraded - Can't Access

Untangle upgraded last night to the new version, now I can't access the firewall via the web console. Any tips? It is going to be a PITA to unhook and pull down to connect to a monitor and keyboard/mouse... but if that is my only option then I can do it.

I'm getting time out message when attempting to connect via the web interface.

Untangle Ninja

You can't access the gui from another client or you can't access the firewall module from the gui?
    How do you know it upgraded?
    Can you ssh?

I think he means the administration interface.

johndball? how do you know you've been upgraded? what version did you get upgraded to?
    what is your server's key/UID? (pm it to me)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'm on my Blackberry right now, sorry for any typos.
    I wen to "Upgrade" last night and the box downloaded and installed the new 6.2? update and it no longer boots into the Untangle GUI.

I'm in the hardware workaround right now looking at the verbose log and it looks like it is stuck at
    "parse error in file '/var/lib/dpkg/updates/0039' near line 17 package 'libplrpc-perl': EUP after field name'
    Starting UVM:...................

And it sits there... this is the third retry and after 30 minutes still nothing....

I pulled the box, I have it on a monitor and keyboard/mouse. There was no remoting into the box after the upgrade btw.

I'm back on the network, however without Untangle as the router. It looks as if the box downloaded and installed Untangle 6.2... I really have no idea how it did this but that is what is currently partially running. I'm in the process of downgrading to 6.1 and probably will have to rebuild all the rules manually as I had no backup of the settings

Oh well....

before you nuke that box - would you mind enabling remote support and PMing me your key/UID so we can look at the server?
    is it still online?

if so, I can probably see what happened and fix it.

My guess is that it is file system corruption (that seems to be the cause of most dpkg errors), but if it has remote support on I can verify that.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

I can't enable jack squat unfortunately. It isn't nuked but it is useless at this point. I have to get ready for work so I'll post updates and progress tomorrow.

ok, you can enable remote support from the recovery console I think.
    you can get the UID by running this command

cat /usr/share/untangle/activation.key

let me know

Untanglit

My UT box did the upgrade to 6.2 last night and blew away my internet connection. I couldn't figure out what went wrong so I ended up building another box and restoring the configuration onto that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast