Default Users cannot access Internet

I have an Untangle install thats has been working for about 1 year. I have it setup in transparent bridge mode. The box was recently automatically upgraded to version 6.1 with no problem. Today I got a call that there is no internet access. I checked the version and now its 6.2 and no one can access the internet. I can login remotely to untangle but no other web services are working specifically webmail. I verified the config and its the same as before. Anyone have any ideas of what to try?
    I also tried accessing web pages via IP trying to rule out DNS issues but that didn't work. I turned off the firewall, still no internet.
    So at this point, I'm at a loss. Should I downgrade to 6.1 and perform a config restore?

Untangle Ninja

Hi,

Check if the interfaces have change in some way. (the order)
    It can hapen under a update.

Thanks for the reply but I already checked that as well and it was correct.

I ended up rebuilding the box and using a backup config to restore and they are up and running once again.

Default Please call our support line...

Goldberg, please call or email our support line on Monday as we'd like to be able to troubleshoot this box so that we can see what went wrong on the upgrade.

If you can, plug in just the external interface, turn on secure remote support, and email the UID (box key) to support@untangle.com.

Support is 650-425-3300 x2, just tell them mrunkel told you call in.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

mrunkel, sorry but I installed 6.1 on the box so the problematic install has been replaced. I will however, attempt the upgrade the following weekend so if I have problems, I'll let you know.
    This weekend was critical for the site to be online thats why I couldn't wait too long, sorry.
    Thanks for offering your help, I appreciate it!

hey mrunkel,
    I've got the same problem as goldberg. I haven't reloaded my box but i've had to put a router back in place for work reasons, i'm more than happy for you to take a look at my box and work out whats going on.

Due to work i can't really put my UT back inline, and considering i'm in australia is there anything you'd like me to setup so you can access it? (i.e port forward etc.)

Cheers
    Unifender

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Goldberg, please call or email our support line on Monday as we'd like to be able to troubleshoot this box so that we can see what went wrong on the upgrade.

If you can, plug in just the external interface, turn on secure remote support, and email the UID (box key) to support@untangle.com.

Support is 650-425-3300 x2, just tell them mrunkel told you call in.
    hi mrunkel,

i have the same issue when the UT box i demo at client site for 1 week . UT update to 6.2.
    console success ping to internet.
    all client side having issue to ping out to internet.

i have no idea at all after try few configuration.
    my UT only using 2 NIC. is it the thing cause out? must use 3 NIC instead?

i use the simple setup for demo.

setup
    modem(bridge) - UT (router PPOE) - switch

Default Update to 6.2 - Successful

Hi Mrunkel, just reporting that my ut box was automatically upgraded to 6.2 this past weekend and it was SUCCESSFUL. Thanks for correcting the issue.