Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Video Display light show after boot

Back in March, I downloaded and installed Untangle for the first time and just got around to configuring it today. When I got ready to download some applications, I was told that I had to upgrade. I completed the upgrade and it rebooted. After getting through the boot up screen with the Untangle logo and the load bar, the next screen is a bunch of flashing bars on the display that goes nowhere. I burned a fresh download of 6.1 and installed again with the same issue. It is completely non-functional. Any ideas? I am using a new Dell desktop that meets all the requirements.

Untanglit

After reading another post, I switched monitors to a new Lenovo widescreen monitor and now I am getting the out of range message on my monitor. Any one have any idea how to fix this on a Dell Vostro 220s. Everything was fine until 6.1. I thought upgrades to Linux were supposed to be better than Windows. 6.1 seems more like Vista to me in that things aren't working the way they should. I was also forced to upgrade. This is something I have not been forced to do with Windows.

Untanglit

Ok. I read that thread and I see the code. but I am very unfamiliar with untangle and linux. so I don't even know how to put that code into the terminal. I am not familiar with the commands to do it and it just keeps giving me errors when I type those lines in. I cannot find a guide for using the terminal. that would help.

6.1 provides a rudimentary editor called nano -- so if you have succeeded in getting into the terminal your next step is to type

nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

this will launch the editor which in turn will open the file xorg.conf

now using the up/down arrow keys find the relevant sections and modify the code to suit your situation.

following is a guide on how to use nano
    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nano-basics-guide.xml

Hope that this helps you.

Untanglit

Default 3rd time not the charm

Okay. So I reinstalled my older version of Untangle downloaded around March 20th of this year. Everything seemed to be fine until I upgraded again and now I have the same problem. If I hit CTRL+ALT+Backspace about 20 times, I eventually get to a screen that says:

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 untangle.example.com tty1 and asks for an untangle login:

I have no idea what the login is.

charles

Untanglit

Oh well. I had heard some other good reviews of this product from other franchise owners in my company, but for me the issue of input signal out of range on a brand new dell computer with new monitor is very discouraging. I had high hopes for this product, but none of the posts in here seem to answer the question that several of us seem to be asking. If 6.0 worked, then why screw everything up with the Vista of Untangle. Its really too bad.

Untangle Ninja

Hi ctpensacola,

The resolution issu is resolvd in 6.2.
    There the default screen resolution is set to 1024x768.

If 6.0 worked, then why screw everything up with the Vista of Untangle. Its really too bad.
    The 6.02 to 6.1 upgrade was huge. From Debian (sarge or Etch) to Debian lenny.
    And with Lenny the X.org 7.3 was intruduce. And it was suppost auto configure the screen resolution. So this is not a "Untangle" issu it is a Lenny issu

Here you have anoter that solvt this issu.
    http://forums.untangle.com/installat...n-problem.html

But what you can do is boot with a Live CD (Knopix, Ubuntu) And then mount the Harddrive and edit the xorg.config

Untanglit

when will 6.2 be released?h

Untangle Ninja

Any day now i think.
    There will have a Webinar tomorrow (https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/652775808)

There they go thru the new features.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast