Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah Dmorris, worked at that time...but at the day after...did not work any more ( and I didnīt do anything diferent)...Thatīs one of the reasons why im dissapointed with UT. I have a Untangle at my private network, and redirects didnīt work either....

If I offer a network solution to my clients, it have to work!!If works in a version, but in the next donīt....Itīs heavy!

About the https acess I attached a .jpg with this error.
    Note that I have 2GB RAM in a network with 20 computers and UT is consuming the entire memory...

So, Untangle Masters, what can you say about it???

Quote Originally Posted by Pedra View Post
    So, Untangle Masters, what can you say about it???
    I'd say you need to start by explaining what the issue is that you are having.

Thus far its just bitching, which doesn't help us help you.

That error happens when you lose connection to the untangle server. After hitting ok it will create a new connection.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Ok Dude, sorry if I hurt your feeling again....

About the error...
    Yes, I know that this happen when I loose connection..
    But this happen almost at the same moment I log in and when I hit Ok, the session hangs and do not conect any more. So I close the browser and start a new one, but know, I receive a message saying internal error server from UT or worse, a error message from browser saying that this page cant be exhibit.

About the memory RAM usage, do you saw the ram usage display at the error image? Itīs normal?

Have you tried another browser and another computer? Sounds like it could be on the server side, but process of elimination helps as well.
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 05-27-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

These issues could be from anything. A bad switch, a bad nic on the computer, a bad nic on untangle.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedra View Post
    About the memory RAM usage, do you saw the ram usage display at the error image? Itīs normal?
    No - thats certainly not normal. especially with only 20 users.

paste the output of 'free -m' and 'ps aux --sort rss'
    Also describe your hardware.

again, what is the issue you are trying to solve? I thought the issue was port forwards???
    If so, please post a screenshot of the non-functioning port forward.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I already tried to connect from others computers and other browser like mozila, but didnīt work as well.

About proactivens post, I tried from other computers (from other LAN) and no sucess, so I think we can discard the hardware possibility, except the server NIC, or maybe the switch wich UT is connected. Well, but this I canīt do now. Could be something else??

dmorris,

About this comand you wrote, I will have to connect via terminal, right?

But, Im far from my client and never connect via terminal before...
    Can I connect via putty? In wich port?

You went from a very old version to a new version, with a new linux kernel. Hardware is definitely not irrelevant. Drivers that worked in sarge may no longer be included or work very well in lenny. I know for a fact that in 5.4 certain broadcom drivers worked fine, but in 6.1, they no longer work at all. The reason being that braodcom went away from the GPL license in some of its newer drivers, so the debian community does not include them in the distro any more.

So your hardware may be very relevant.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

You would have had to enable ssh access locally before you gain access remotely.

Please answer these questions:

1.) What is the hardware that this is running on? CPU, Memory, NICs, etc.
    2.) What is the usage pattern behind the untangle? You say 20 users, but our twenty user network with an exchange server runs at 800MB of used RAM and CPU rarely gets into the double digits. This is with stock XD hardware. Do you have servers inside the network?
    3.) Next time you're local to the box, you can enable ssh. Instructions are on our wiki.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast