Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If your UI is locking up almost instantly the 100% usage might not be accurate, as when I connect to my box the initial % all go up (never to 100%, but up), and if you are getting that reconnect dialog box almost immediately my guess is the information on the background is then static and is no longer accurate.

If you want help you are in the right spot, but unless you can answer some of these questions, and NOT rule anything out until it is VERIFIED regardless if it "has worked in a previous version", I am not sure anyone here can really assist. It is more like throwing darts at the issue.

1.) What is the hardware that this is running on? CPU, Memory, NICs, etc.

Intel Dual Core E2160 1.80Ghz + 2GB RAM + 160HD SATA + Gigabit Ethernet Broadcom NetXtreme

2.) What is the usage pattern behind the untangle? You say 20 users, but our twenty user network with an exchange server runs at 800MB of used RAM and CPU rarely gets into the double digits. This is with stock XD hardware. Do you have servers inside the network?
    I have 20 computers acessing internet (all sites are blocked, users can acess only the pass list at web filter), then I have a my DC server wich is also a file server.

Some users connect to a system out at web via citrix

I think this is all. Itīs a small network, we donīt have exchange, we donīt have website , just a windows domain with normal network services like dhcp, dns, wsus..

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    again, what is the issue you are trying to solve? I thought the issue was port forwards???
    If so, please post a screenshot of the non-functioning port forward.

Actually I have this 2 problems. More important now is the connection issue

tks

Quote Originally Posted by Pedra View Post
    Actually I have this 2 problems. More important now is the connection issue

tks
    So can you access the internet without issues from the UT box? Lets start from square 1, make sure we have it there, if so then we can move to the LAN. What happens if/when you turn off all of the modules in the rack? Can the LAN clients connect without issues then?

Yes, I can acess the internet without issues from UT box.

I had all the modules off, except the firewall and web filter, 1GB RAM, connectios problem and high RAM usage, but clients could acess web without issues.
    Now I have all modules on, 2GB RAM and the problems persists, but clients can acess the web without issues.

My problem with internet acess happened the fist time I install fresh the 6.1 version. Then I had this problem with my network users. But I reinstall and this is not a issue anymore

Now I would try running the entries that dmorris recommended a few posts ago, which will help determine what is consuming your RAM and give more insight to what might be causing any further issues.

Untangler

Default huh?

I don't understand this at all... Will skip the {how did he go from 5.3 to 6.1} matter. I mean wasn't the box being updated automatically as time went on? Ok, that's moot due to fresh install. But how wonderful to see that at the slightest glimer of a confused soul so many people rush to assist. I love this forum and it is filled with bright and intelligent people.

First advice - calm down... we're all here for you.
    Second advice - run dmorris' command at the terminal if you can.
    Third advice, I really think you have a bad NIC or a packet crash management issue with your switch.

The next time you are at this client's site, show up with a crossover cable and connect your laptop or pc directly to the untangle's lan port. see if the problem goes away. If it does, it was your switch, if not, then the nic.

But since you're there, calm down, burn a new cd, reinstall, do the test.

And did I say, calm down?

Untangler

Default ps

By the way, the new (post 6.0) Untangle port forwarding is a bit confusing.

Here is a simplified and perfect port forward instruction set.

All you need is;
    Protocol
    Destined Local
    Destination port
    Webserver local IP.

Please see picture.
    For web server forward it would be
    Protocol - TCP
    Destined Local
    Destination Port - 80
    Webserver address 192.168.x.x - or what your server's address is.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Pedra View Post
    Hey All,

I used to ran 5.3 untangle very well and then I had to upgrade to version 6.1 and ...urgghhh!!!!
    Redirect doesnt works, connect to untangle via https from a remote place doesnt work as well.

I reinstall untangle, then I add more memory and nothing!!!!

Somebody is having the same problem?

I had a dual core + 2GB RAM + 160HD SATA and worked fine with 5.3....

There is some way to install 5.3 and do not upgrade to current version??

UT 6.1 and other version is the best there is.
    Do not think it can at first.
    I also took some time to get stability in my UT machine must be configured things well result

Untangler

Default error

hello

i restart the ut 6.1. ut6.1 is hanging.

i think that is bug in ut 6.1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast