Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Untungle 6.1 sucks!!

Hey All,

I used to ran 5.3 untangle very well and then I had to upgrade to version 6.1 and ...urgghhh!!!!
    Redirect doesnt works, connect to untangle via https from a remote place doesnt work as well.

I reinstall untangle, then I add more memory and nothing!!!!

Somebody is having the same problem?

I had a dual core + 2GB RAM + 160HD SATA and worked fine with 5.3....

There is some way to install 5.3 and do not upgrade to current version??

First off you have made a VERY BOLD statement, which is incorrect. v6.1 does do what you have asked, I am running it (and have been since it was pushed out 2mos ago), I have redirects, port forwards, access externally/internally ssh... the whole nine yards.

I would request that you post for assistance from the forums before making bold statements like this.

Has anyone had the same problems, I am guessing there are, can they be fixed, in most cases, can this be done without more information no.

You can always get the previous version back on your box and uncheck the auto-upgrade box and stay back at a previous version. If you do a quick search for previous versions you should have no problems finding a link, they have been asked for and posted several times over the last several months.

Please give us more information as to your setup, what isn't working..etc and lets see if the community can not assist in getting your box back doing it's job.

you have to configure it correctly.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    you have to configure it correctly.
    Greater truth was never spoken...

As time goes on Untangle fixes bugs of varying types and quantity. Sometimes there are "bugs" present in the older version that allowed you to configure the unit badly, but still work. As these bugs are identified and fixed, your configuration will break.

We need more data, I can assure you the product works as advertised. However, the upgrade from 6.02 to 6.1 is REALLY intense. The process is really rather nightmarish and I'm amazed it works at all. If you have to pave the box, I'd start with a fresh 6.1.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pedra View Post
    Untungle 6.1 sucks!!
    So if it sucks...why is it running wonderfully at quite a few of my clients...functional, stable, fast, able to hit the web admin from the outside, doing it's job.

I used to ran 5.3 untangle
    All I needed to read was your first line to realize you must be doing something wrong. Have you tried fixing it rather than just complaining that it sucks?

Provide more details, and I am sure this wonderful community of Untanglers will be glad to help a fellow UT user in need.

Also from v5.3 to v6.2 I'd recommend just doing a fresh install and configuration.
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 05-26-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

Well, As I said before, Untangle 5.3 worked very well. But when I upgrde for 6.1....
    first, the upgrade hangs...I left running for 12hours and nothing....
    Then I install fresh, from iso... Installation ok, but when I put it at my client network....nagvegation at internet very slow, and connections via https impossible,
    ....so I had to reinstall, and redirects didnt work, and connection via https either. Then I post my problem right here at this forum, but I didnīt had a good answer...So I add more RAM, but the problems still there.

So, sorry if I hurt someone feelings, but this is my impression about. The way of install is just one, so no errors at this part. Configuration?? I donīt think that this conection issue is about configuration...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedra View Post
    Then I post my problem right here at this forum, but I didnīt had a good answer....
    where?
    according to you it works: http://forums.untangle.com/firewall/...ect-ports.html
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

bring on 6.2 please.

Master Untangler

So does just about anything else you don't fully understand, I would imagine.
    If you are stuck: ask for assistance
    If you don't understand: be mature enough to say so
    If you get dates confused: don't jump to conclusions

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast