Default Removing antivirus

Does anyone feel comfortable removing the existing antivirus from the machines behind Untangle ?

Master Untangler

With today's advanced malware, not a chance!

i do on some networks where I'm comfortable people won't bring somethnig in on a usb stick.

personally, i'd almost rather have a virus than symantec on my machine as symantec likely slows down your machine more. :
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

All desktops get either AVG Free or NOD32 depending on whether or not the box is commercial or not. No desktop AV on ANY desktop I don't care what OS is foolishness to me. The entire reason that the AV module in UT is so powerful is that it gives you the second vender check without the issues of 2 av products on the desktop.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I agree Sky-Knight, all my machines behind UT have an AV on them. I just wanted to hear the same as I felt...dual-layers seems to me to be a good thing.

ClamAV module in UT + NOD32 2.7 on the desktop (I haven't bothered with the 3.x series and haven't gotten around to trying 4.x yet) have resulted in two of my larger client's having networks with literally no infections over the last two years. Two stations had reports of Windows AV installs... but the virus was so weakened by the two products all I had to do was delete a directory and move on... not even a reboot. It was such a non-incidental repair I didn't even count it as "infected."

P.S. ClamAV + AVG Free is showing similar results.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com