Default Changing IP of Untangle Server

OK. I am trying out Untangle to see if it will work for us. I brought a box home over the weekend, and set up the Untangle server on my home network. All worked great. Very easy. I was most impressed.

Now, here's the problem. I know squat about Linux. Not my forte so to speak.

When I brought the machine into work here, of course it does not work on our network because of IP range differences, different DNS, etc. How do I modify the IP config for the Untangle server to get it to see the right stuff?

Would it be just easier to reinstall?

Thanks for any advice.

Untangler

if you go to "config > networking > intefaces" you should be able to change the ip address of the server.

Master Untangler

Go to the Web GUI for Untangle.
    Choose "Config" from the left column
    Choose "Networking"
    Then "edit" the interface you want to change.

Thank you. Of course, my face is red. I was looking all over the interface and never saw the config TAB. My apologies to all, and thanks again for the info.

I must admit, the folks on this forum are much kinder to newbies than on most forums I'm used to.

Untangle Ninja

Am I correct in saying that any port forwards and bypass rules will still work or will they be affected by changing the IP of the WAN port?

Lannie

they will still work as long as you didnt specify the destination address as your wan port in your firewall or port forward rules. If you used source interface external and destination IP any, you should be gtg.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Just an update on my problem. Once I plugged into my network here at work and left the server to grind for a while, it figured out what it should have for an IP, where the DNS server was, and where the DHCP server was. Very smart little box. I guess I just need to learn patience. Thanks again all.