Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Well, based on my UT box and the way it is running..I'd have to say he's doing a damn fine job !

Quote Originally Posted by Muggle View Post
    Hi jcoffin..I need to ask this, how are you associated with UT ? Your posts are very low for an admin or the like...are you of the group that created UT ?

I mean NO disrespect at all...honestly. I'm just curious.
    No disrespect taken. As mdh says, I'm in QA. Unfortunately I don't spend enough time on the forum. Feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 08-05-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Audacioustrash View Post
    Hello, I would love to me a community tester. I currently running a Untangle box in Hyper-V with 10 computers. I use all the Open Source packages. Since Untangle is working so good, I will going to start setting up Untangle with many of my clients. I would love to test anything you give to me.

Thanks,
    Welcome to the test group. You should now have access to the Test Haven forum in the Community Contribution.

Thumbs up Sign me up!

I would love to help test. I put UT in place for customers starting w/ver 5. Also recently talked my boss into letting me replace our (mostly) working IPCop box w/UT. (30-35 PCs, including customer's)

Master Untangler

I love untangle as my router. my network setup is Internet (Direct Cable) >> Untangle >> Switch >> Access Point. We have 50 users all connected to wireless network and we have virus and spam blocker and rest of the open source modules enabled. It is working like a charm. I would also love to be part of testing community so i can try new modules and implement on my setup.

Thank you

Untangler

I too would like to be considered for the Untangle Test Community.
    Our main office: 25 Servers, 2x Exchange servers (1 hosted), web server(s), SQL Servers. All behind 1 Untangle right now
    Home: Me...
    Bosses home: Him...
    Depending on test, some of our clients may be willing to try new features.

I'm actually sort of an odd case here, it would seem, but I'd like to sign up. I'm running Untangle on a simple box covering my home network. I'm a rather heavy bandwidth user, and I've been trying to find the right software and/or device to enforce QoS, as well as the normal UTM applications.

To be more specific, I have a Win7 RC gaming rig, a Vista HTPC/Gaming Rig, 2 Mac laptops, a Wii, a PS3, an Apple TV, several WiFi-enabled devices, plus my network gear, which includes MOCA adapters for cable-line (coax) networking, a DOCSIS 3-enabled (with service) modem, a WRT54GL running Tomato, and an Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n base station, and a couple gigabit switches. While this isn't exactly an "enterprise" scenario by any means, it does represent a unique environment with its own set of challenges.

My HTPC is configured to connect to various sources to download very large chunks of data. These are based on RSS, and it's perfectly normal for a 120GB transfer to start at any given time. This presents a challenge when I'm playing a game like Call of Duty on the PS3, as latency has a tendency to skyrocket. I've begun using Untangle because it seems like the best of breed - at least in the open source world - and has decent, if basic QoS capabilities. I was unable to get Endian Firewall to run on my particular set of hardware, but the coming features in the 2.3 release look to make QoS very robust on that platform. If it runs well there, I may switch. I'd like to help test to get an early look at what's coming down the pipe.

I'm not a network engineer by trade, but I think I can hang here, and would like to participate.
    Last edited by joseph; 08-18-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Providing detail about my network.

one of the best open source network gateway i've used not just it is everything that administrator wanted but also it is open source! cheers!!

I'd like to be a tester, I use Untangle 6.2 for a 6 branch company and currently using every feature Untangle has to offer. Professional package: openVPN, web portal, etc... Really happy with everything but I'd like more! The features I'd like to see Untangle support:
    Vista 32/64 bit and windows 7 openVPN access -edit Nevermind, got this to work, thanks support
    An improved web portal that can support more accessibility options into the network
    Improved VNC
    IE support, since Untangle is sometimes glitchy when interfaced with
    Better Spam catching...

Anyways just some thoughts, hope to help.
    Last edited by CECSD; 08-20-2009 at 10:44 PM.

I've started to use Untangle 2 weeks before, and I am very satisfied with the performance of the system. People from the UT forum is also very nice, I can get the solution immediately when I post a topic here. I am feeling interested to join the testing community too.

Here is the story of our company start using Untangle.
    Our company is receiving lots of spam mail everyday, and users are always infected with virus and spyware because they are always surfing the internet and accessing sites which are not relevant to work.

Last month we decided to build a firewall for the network. After searching for some open source solution, we finally decided to use Untangle. Since it can provide full protection to spam, virus, spyware and other threats, and the most important thing is, UT can helps us to log users internet usage, and block unwanted sites.

We are using an old PC, Celeron 2.0G, 1GB Ram, it runs smoothly except the internet connection speed drops after install the UT box. Finally we post a question in this forum, and we are told that the problem may be caused by the LAN card. Now our company are planning to purchase 2 new Intel PRO/100 to upgrade the box.

Our network have total 20 workstations, 1 file server, 1 email server and 1 web server. We also need to access the company network by VPN when we are on business trip. Untangle gives us a great solution which can fulfill all our needs. We will continue using Untangle and hope we can make some contrubition as well.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast