Untangler

Default Intrusion Pevention Works!

IP works but you have to have the firewall off for it to work.

huh?

it works fine with the firewall on as well....
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

Untangler

not for me it doesn't work i have to have the firewall off in order for it to pick up anything. I tested it. I have xfire blocked in ip but with the firewall on it doesn't block it with if off it does

thats probably because the firewall is blocking it first.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

this is going from the inside of my network out so shouldn't ip pick it up before it leaves my network

huh?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

isnt ip behind the firewall so shouldn't ip pick it up before it leaves my network.

if the packet is leaving doesn't it hit the ip before the it hits the firewall?

Untangler

what im trying to say is that im not getting any hits in ip even though i have every rule enabled should i be getting a hit with xfire which is in ip but i dont get any hits when i log into xfire with the firewall on

do you have your firewall set to log?

as said, your firewall is likely blocking the conneciton, so it doesnt even make it OUT of your network, the reason I.P is getting a hit is because when it tries to connect back to you from the Internet I.P is blocking it

I.P i beleive works on traffic coming INTO your network, it does not scan items going out..... but i could be wrong.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb