Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Blocked

Default Yahoo Blocked

Just FYI,

I had to disable the following stock rule in the Intrusion Prevention module after a user complained of being unable to access her Yahoo webmail. The URL she was using was http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch.

Category: web-php
    Signature: tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HTTP_SERVERS $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"WEB-PHP Pajax arbitrary command execution attempt"; flow:established,to_server; content:"method"; nocase; pcre:"/\x22method\x22\s*\x3a\s*\x22[A-Z]\w*[^\x22]/smi"; reference:bugtraq,17519; reference:cve,2006-1551; reference:cve,2006-1789; classtype:web-application-attack; sid:8734; rev:1
    Name: Name
    SID: 8734
    Block: x
    Log: x
    Description: Pajax arbitrary command execution attempt

Things worked once I unblocked that rule.

Why is that so, maybe a false positive issue? Anyway, the problem is that if you migrated to yahoo plus, it wont have options going back to old version anymore as indicated by yahoo. As I've noticed in our office, one or two employee is frequently escalating this problem, that was one month ago if I remember.

We have seen the same problem! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. My wife is so much happier now that she can use her Yahoo! Mail again.

I was having the same problem after upgrading to the new Yahoo mail. Thank you Pdugas
    Last edited by vantim; 07-17-2011 at 05:58 AM.

This has been posted before. I believe DMorris indicated in a future release of Untangle that rule in the IDS module will be disabled because of the false positive potential.

In the meantime if you aren't ready to deal with the false positives that come from using the Intrusion Prevention module, I suggest you turn it off and remove it from the rack.

The change with 9.0 is that module actually works now! Before it really didn't do much.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

This has been driving me crazy! Ty so much for sharing the solution! If anyone has trouble finding it just search by "ID" and look for 8734 its on page 93 or 94

Master Untangler

Hit this issue this morning, no biggie though just disabled the block and only logging.

http://forums.untangle.com/intrusion...ntuit-com.html

Just for reference in case someone else runs into this issue with Intuit.com's store. This link has another rule in it that causes their store to return a white page in Firefox, a 404 in IE randomly at different points in the purchasing process.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Had the same issue with yahoo with rule 8734. This also fixed access to the site grooveshark.com.

I have one person that can't login to Yahoo Instant Messenger but others can. Turning off 8734 did not help. I am on the Lite version. The user can use IM with Spyware, Filter, Intrusion, Protocol and Attack panels on but Spam, Phish and Virus must be off. Any ideas?
    Last edited by miclog; 10-04-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast