Untanglit

Default [v14.0.1] Can not uncheck 'block' checkbox - it isn't saved

I checked 'block' checkboxes in some rules. It occured that it blocks ligitimate traffic, so I had to uncheck them. Unfortunatelly, this state isn't saved. They are still checked after saving.
    Additionally, there is no entries for these bloced traffic in 'blocked events', either in 'all events'.

I had to uninstall 'Intrusion Prevention' app and install it again

I use v14.0.1

Which rule?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Ran into this myself when I wanted to disable a custom rule I had added. No matter what I did, it would always come back as Blocked. I tried unchecking either or both boxes, also tried editing the rule by hand (all the checkboxes do is put "drop" "alert" or "#" at the beginning of the rule). Ultimately I just deleted the rule.

This wasn't a problem with 14.0.0, definitely new with 14.0.1

Doesn't really matter though, the comments in the code commits on JIRA make pretty clear that a new IPS module is coming with 14.1 (Suricata instead of Snort), so I tend to doubt any fixes are coming for the existing IPS.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Which rule?
    I picked two rules at random and neither could be unchecked: SIDs 2100368 and 2403411.

Interestingly, neither of those rules show up in an "All Events" report, but they aren't the only ones, I discovered. I'm not sure if that's a glitch in the "Since" field or from some other cause.

EDIT: I don't think it's the "Since" field. Something else, I think, makes rules drop out of the reports.
    Last edited by Sam Graf; 09-07-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Hi, a good workaround that worked for me was to save the info about the rule on a text file and delete the rule then I made a new rule with the same SID. The new rule work correctly.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Nannus View Post
    Hi, a good workaround that worked for me was to save the info about the rule on a text file and delete the rule then I made a new rule with the same SID. The new rule work correctly.
    Hi, and thank you for the workaround.