Untangler

Default Laptop keeps getting blocked by IPS for "UT Possible TCP DoS" when trying to log?

This was working fine until recently but now in Chrome I keep getting blocked by the IPS when attempting to log in.

Any ideas?

192.168.1.105 is my laptop and 192.168.1.1 is the router.
    DoS.JPG
    Last edited by jlficken; 01-11-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Untangler

IE started doing it to.

Rebooting the router fixed it for both browsers. It had only been up for a little under 3 days so that's a little concerning

ETA: Disregard as the issue came back basically immediately.
    Last edited by jlficken; 01-11-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Untangler

I wound up copying the "High Priority" rule in IPS and removing the attempted-dos category.

Could there be a problem with the signature that I referenced as it only seems to trigger when I attempt to log in and it does it from other machines too? I never saw it happen until today.

IPS rules regex pattern so it is not ever going to be 100% reliable. Just the nature of IPS.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

That makes sense I was just confused as to why it just started being an issue now with my laptop after a couple of weeks.

I just made a new rule excluding DoS and another rule including DoS but ignoring my internal LAN.

Quote Originally Posted by jlficken View Post
    That makes sense I was just confused as to why it just started being an issue now with my laptop after a couple of weeks.

I just made a new rule excluding DoS and another rule including DoS but ignoring my internal LAN.

How did you accomplish this? I tried copying the critical and high rules and adding source IP != $HOME_NET which didn't work also tried doing does not contain and using 192.168. and the rules still kept flagging my internal traffic as dos.