Untangler

Default replacing cujo looking for input

Been running cujo since its inception. Overall been very happy with it as a second layer. It does a great job blocking allot of potential (who really knows if it was bad or not) blacklisted or other deemed by its cloud system, bad actors. I personally find value in the second layer and why I run it. Cujo howerver has changed its buisness model, its damn near impossible to get support and so i am in the market for something to replace it. I know there has to be others like me, so just wondering what you are using and how happy you are with it?

Untangle Ninja

I like pihole. Not sure if it work the same as cujo.
    RonV42 likes this.

Untangler

Yap agree pihole is nice for blocking ads, i to have that installed. Cujo is a very active ips solution that blocks loads of stuff when i have friends and family over (great app that notifies me every time it blocks something). I believe UT could block as well but i would have to actively manage all the rules and i prefer to spend my free time doing other stuff :-). In the grander scheme of things, im more so concerned with someone clicking on a link that allows someone back in. UT is great but it cant keep out 100% of everything, especially so when users do things that are otherwise allowed going out.

I think much of this role will be taken up by the new Threat Prevention module in Untangle v15.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Actually great point i hadnt thought of that, def will wait and monitor, danke.

Quote Originally Posted by ifican View Post
    I believe UT could block as well but i would have to actively manage all the rules and i prefer to spend my free time doing other stuff :-).
    If your chief concern is blocking bad actors, the current version of the Intrusion Prevention app makes this much easier than it was in the past. With the default Low, Medium, and High memory rules enabled (allowing you to see logged bad actor traffic), creating bad actor rules at the Signatures tab can be pretty much accomplished my filtering for:

Category is compromised
    Category is ciarmy
    Category is dshield

Creating block rules for those three categories may approximate the functionality of your current solution.
    Last edited by Sam Graf; 01-18-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    Jim.Alles likes this.