Default Correcting $HOME_NET Variable

I noticed that when hovering over the $HOME_NET variable, it shows subnets that are no longer connected to my network. When I initially set up the firewall, I configured three internal subnets however after deploying the firewall, I changed two of the internal networks to be completely different subnets. Does this mean the $HOME_NET variable doesn't update after initially creating the networks? Is there a way for me to have the variable get updated with the correct internal networks?

Thanks!

Ugh...well I had just noticed that it appears that IPS hasn't been working for a while now since I noticed that the reports didnt show any logged activity whatsoever (something always used to show up). I created a test rule to see if the IPS service was working and after the adding the rule and saving, it looks like IPS is running again and now the $HOME_NET accurately reflects the internal networks I have.

It's a little disconcerting that IPS seems to have failed silently I guess I just need to keep a better eye out on the reports.
    Sam Graf likes this.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Ahslan View Post
    Ugh...well I had just noticed that it appears that IPS hasn't been working for a while now since I noticed that the reports didnt show any logged activity whatsoever (something always used to show up). I created a test rule to see if the IPS service was working and after the adding the rule and saving, it looks like IPS is running again and now the $HOME_NET accurately reflects the internal networks I have.

It's a little disconcerting that IPS seems to have failed silently I guess I just need to keep a better eye out on the reports.
    Do keep a close eye on this. I'm currently trying to gain a better and more accurate understanding of this and one or two other possible IPS problems and today IPS apparently dropped out after a little less than 24 hours. Memory usage halved and reporting stopped.

By "power" cycling the app memory usage returned to the previous value. Reporting is still idle but that could be just a natural gap logged traffic.
    Ahslan likes this.

Thanks. Yeah I’m gonna keep a better eye on the daily reports. I also noticed that memory utilization increased once I added that new rule which seemed to restart (or start) the service