Thread: IPsec Issues

Untangler

Default IPsec Issues

Hi, we are currently testing untangle before buying the Premium subscription (3 of them), and we are having issues with our untangle Boxes.

We have 2 untangle Boxes, the configuration is almost identical just 2 different LAN segments.

Eth0.- EXtental WAN (NATed)
    Eth1.- Internal
    Eth2.- External WAN Public IP
    Eth3.- LAN2
    Eth4.- LAN3

The IPSec module uses the eth2 interface with the public ip address. The tunnels gets connected correctly but there are the issues.

Ping drops, how ever u are able to connect to the remote machine via RDP, port 80 ETC.
    Erratic behavior, sometimes the applications are herratic u need to try the requests 2 times in order to make it work
    All https traffic gets redirected to untangle and I donít have any portforward rules that uses the Public
    Slow Internet Connection, the first time it does not show the pictures and when u hit refresh it works

How can I make untangle bypass all the IPsec traffic?

The unfortunate part is, as I understand it, IPSec traffic is bypassed by default, and I believe all traffic through the tunnel is bypassed as well.

I would suggest you contact Untangle support, they'll help you during the trial period. That said, this configuration will also require the use of the WAN Balancer module, and I'm not sure the IPSec engine can be attached to an interface other than External.

UT Support would know better.

P.S. I called UT support at 9:30 my time and got no answer, so I think they may be in a meeting right now.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    The unfortunate part is, as I understand it, IPSec traffic is bypassed by default, and I believe all traffic through the tunnel is bypassed as well.

I would suggest you contact Untangle support, they'll help you during the trial period. That said, this configuration will also require the use of the WAN Balancer module, and I'm not sure the IPSec engine can be attached to an interface other than External.

UT Support would know better.

P.S. I called UT support at 9:30 my time and got no answer, so I think they may be in a meeting right now.
    i think i have located the issue regading IPSEC and i think its a bug.

on a clean install i replicated the error.

installed IPsec
    Added a tunnel
    after that the tunnel comes up and after few mins it drops. (i dunno Why)
    delete the tunnel
    add the route in the static routes
    and remove IPsec
    this makes untangle have a very weird behavoir.