Thread: IPSec Broken?

Default IPSec Broken?

I'm not sure what prompted me to do it, because I don't use this module. But this morning I hit the settings button on my IPSec module and Firefox just sits in a never ending loop of loading settings.

Figuring I had some configuration shenanigans I thought it best to simply try and remove the application. Given the UI was closed to me I went to apt.

apt-get remove untangle-libitem-ipsec
    apt-get remove untangle-node-ipsec

The latter won't remove, dpkg -l | grep ipsec lists the node as still installed, yet apt-get remove says it's gone.

However, at this point the app does show in my list of installable apps, and a quick reinstall of my premium package later and it's back in the rack, but we're also back to square one and not able to configure it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Please contact support.

Also, I recommend you don't use apt-get in that way.

If you want to remove apps, ucli is what you need.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Thanks Mark I had forgotten about ucli, in the past apt-get remove was enough. In this case as soon as I did ucli remove untangle-node-ipsec, then hit my account up and reinstalled the package, I can now get into the module normally.

And yes I should have called support, but as much as that is an easy thing. I have an annoying tendency to ramble on and what should be five minutes turns into an hour, or more.

I'm sure Tony, Richie, Harry, and Shaun will all say the same thing. It's best that I stay off the phone whenever possible!

Besides, it's a low priority thing. I'm just experimenting with a new idea.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com