Master Untangler BytesSolutions's Avatar

Default IPSec Lincensing Requirement

I have a customer which requires to integrate 11 Stores to their main offices in order to use their main POS and Inventory Control system. I am considering IPSec to create this integration, but I have a question related to the licencing requirement.

Because of a current budget contrain from my customer, buying UT Standard package for all their site is an inconvenience. So I am thinking about getting the standard package for the main location and use the basic package at the rest of the locations and getting IPSec app to create the VPN tunnel between all the sites.

How many licenses we require to make that VPN connection possible?

Do we require one license per site at the main office?

In such case, do we need to buy the license to be installed at every site, since the basic UT application does not brings IPSec.

Any other recommendation?

Thank you in advanced for your feedback.
    Bytes Solutions
    www.bytes-solutions.com

You need to purchase IPSec for each site and the main site.

You should definitely send sales@untangle.com an email, or click on the "questions" button on the right side of the main website. You can chat with a sales rep there and perhaps finagle a discount.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Master Untangler BytesSolutions's Avatar

Thank you mrunkel, I'll talk to them!

But you already brought some light to me question.
    Bytes Solutions
    www.bytes-solutions.com