Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Push DNS Configuration has nothing to do with full vs split tunnel, that's imply what DNS services are being used to resolve names. Incidentally, push DNS configuration means nothing in site-to-site tunnels as well because the remote Untangle has its own DNS configured.

In short, these settings do exactly jack to impact how your traffic actually flows. Your PBX needs to know that the IP network on the far side of the site-to-site tunnel is on the "internet" so it can perform SIP adjustments, and your phones need to have STUN configured so the proper IP address is defined. I'm not even sure how all of that will actually work in this scenario because most STUN implementations are looking for the INTERNET IP address on both sides, not the LAN IP of Untangle.

On second thought you don't need STUN, you actually want the phones reporting the local address for this to work, so throw that away. But you still need the extensions configured as "remote" extensions.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Ok so you are not saying it it is a band-aid solution or not. I will assume it is not.

Bottom line is that it works fine with Full Tunnel selected without any other special configuration on the PBX so I leave it at that.

And I'm saying that's a bug because as far as I'm aware that setting means nothing to a site-to-site tunnel. And if it DOES mean something that means the remote site is getting all internet connectivity via the VPN tunnel. Which may be OK, but in most cases is a huge bandwidth bottleneck.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    And I'm saying that's a bug because as far as I'm aware that setting means nothing to a site-to-site tunnel. And if it DOES mean something that means the remote site is getting all internet connectivity via the VPN tunnel. Which may be OK, but in most cases is a huge bandwidth bottleneck.
    I did a test and the remote site does not get its internet connectivity via the VPN tunnel.

Then I would say you need to open a ticket, because that check box isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing. This will likely get fixed later and you'll end up with broken phones again. Best to figure it out now.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Indeed, full tunnel is just ignored by remote sites.
    It only works on remote endpoints (like windows, mac, linux, ipads, etc) that support those options.

Push DNS Configuration has nothing to do with full tunnel/split tunnel.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Thanks for the confirmation Dirk. With all the testing/research I did including a IPsec VPN setup that is what I concluded.

As well I already found that Push DNS had nothing to do with the full/split tunnel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12