Untanglit

Default Untagle IPSec VPN to Cisco with isakmp identity set to "auto"

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of replacing a watch guard box with untangle and I copied over the VPN config but it won't come up.

I believe it is the crypto isakmp identity setting set to auto causing the problem on the Cisco.

I have come across the problem with a Cisco <> another product before and my googling of errors bring me to the same conclusion. All the links I have found state just change crypto isakmp identity to ipaddress but I can't do that, or they can't do that at there end because they have several vpns and the setting is apparently a global setting.

So question is is there anything I can do on the untangle end.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pops106 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am in the middle of replacing a watch guard box with untangle and I copied over the VPN config but it won't come up.

I believe it is the crypto isakmp identity setting set to auto causing the problem on the Cisco.

I have come across the problem with a Cisco <> another product before and my googling of errors bring me to the same conclusion. All the links I have found state just change crypto isakmp identity to ipaddress but I can't do that, or they can't do that at there end because they have several vpns and the setting is apparently a global setting.

So question is is there anything I can do on the untangle end.

Cheers
    We had a similar issue and Untangle was trying to establish a connection to an entire IP range, whereas the Cisco may be configured to accept a specified number of IPs only?