Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Managing Untangle Through L2L VPN

Hello All,

I set up Untangle on a box a few days ago and so far it has worked great. I have a L2L vpn setup between this box and our home office. Everything works fine except that I cannot log into the untangle box from the home office over the vpn. I can see the network and all the devices but when I try to use a browser to connect to the Untangle box it won't happen. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed? I can log into a pc on the same network as the untangle box and then log into untangle but I can't always ask an employee if i can use their pc while I work on Untangle.

Any suggestions? I don't want to open management access to the outside world, just open it to devices on the vpn.

BB

Untanglit

Good Morning -

I too am having this exact same issue. I have two untangle boxes connected via L2TP, I can see, browse, access and ssh to all systems on either side of the tunnel but I can not access the far-side untangle GUI via the L2TP tunnel.

In my filter settings (Config -> Network -> Advanced -> Filter Rules) I created a rule specifically to allow http and https on L2TP. This did not work for me.

filter_config.jpg

What is interesting is that I have OpenVPN as well and when I connect to the untangle box via the openvpn connection, I can get to the GUI just fine.
    Last edited by rsears; 03-02-2015 at 08:25 AM.

What are you connecting to? HTTPs admin should work on the internal IP address of Untangle without modification.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Tried both http and https - no go. Same situation on two different UTs.

BTW - I just sent you a PM.

Use IPsec not L2TP to connect Untangle boxes. L2TP is meant for PCs connecting remotely.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Sorry - That is what I meant - IPSec, we are not using L2TP but IPSec. So I guess that is why the L2TP filter is not working.

Untanglit

Sorry - That is what I meant - IPSec, we are not using L2TP but IPSec. So I guess that is why the L2TP filter is not working.

Untanglit

OK - Figured it out (thanks Sky-Knight). Needed to add a filter (Config -> Network -> Advanced -> Filter Rules) to allow access from the internal IP block of the far side.

filter_config.jpg

Actually, you just need it for the IP address of the Untangle.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

When you say "you just need the IP address of the Untangle" what do you mean? The filter rule I had to create was to allow the IP address of the system (or network) on the far side of the tunnel. Once I created the filter rule to allow that IP block, it worked perfectly.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast