Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Untangler

Holy schnikies, it works. In my case, the new secret I created was alphanumeric plus an exclamation mark which I thought would be widely accepted. Alphanumeric only, no spaces works for me. Thanks for you help. I'd prefer to be able to use symbols and spaces, but this will do for now. Thanks again for your help!

This limitation only applies to the shared secret used between Untangle and the RADIUS server. The shared secrets for L2TP/IPsec clients are stored in a hexified format which should handle anything you can throw at it. So at least you can go super secure on the public side of things.

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'm an idiot. It's a LENGTH issue, not a character issue! I'd swear I tested and failed multiple times with ` but after more testing it didn't cause a problem. This actually makes more sense because I looked at the source for the function that parses the file, and couldn't see any reason that any characters (other than space) would cause a problem.

48 characters = success
    49 characters = fail

No idea where the limit gets hit. The code on our side won't break until the server_name+secret are more than 128 characters. The input field on the Windows side seems to allow 64 characters. Maybe it's a RADIUS protocol limit? Whatever. Keep it 48 characters or less with no spaces and you should be golden.

Untangle Ninja

Confirmed...

Works for me too. :-)

Nice find mahotz!

Untangler

How random is that. My secret was 49 with the special character. Lol. Glad it's figured out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123