Default IKEv2 with multiple subnets

Hi UT folks,

Last week I noticed site-to-site tunnels in UT NGFW now have the ability to be configured as IKEv2. Most interesting to me though is that with this we can now define multiple subnets to be routed over the tunnel.

I am wondering:
    1. Is there really a functional difference between this and the method we used in IKEv1? Is is really just establishing multiple tunnels over the same Phase 1 anyway? Perhaps this is nothing more than a web GUI change for us from the standpoint of how the multiple subnets work?
    2. Is this superior to the prior method we used with IKEv1 (defining 1 tunnel per subnet)?
    3. If so, how?
    4. Do you recommended using the IKEv2 method over IKEv1 when multiple subnets exist on either end?
    5. Have you seen any evidence from real-life deployments that this is superior?

I am mostly concerned about reliability, as we've had some inexplicable connection issues where the UI hasn't jived with the actual flow of traffic & we've had to bounce the IPsec service because of this. I have a longstanding support ticket w/ UT on this issue (ball is currently in my court).

Your input is greatly appreciated!

-
    Doug

1. yes IKEv1 is difference than IKEv2
    2. There are configurations only available on IKEv2. Multiple range networks as endpoints are only available on IKE2
    3. How what?
    4. Either is fine.
    5. I use both. I don't see one better than the other. Just different tools for different scenarios.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com