Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJoel View Post
    I agree it can be a little tricky to get the controller and AP to see each other in separate segments. BUT... If you are savvy enough for separate segments/VLANs, you are savvy enough to read the documentations/forum and add the unifi DNS entry, or do the manual inform commands...
    I did RTFM and did all that. I'm fine with VLANs all the others through the tunnel work just as they should.

If you've got other WAPs working, and one that doesn't... then you need to contact Unifi support because at this point the only thing I can suggest is to reset the the thing to factory and try again. The only other thing I can think of is the controller already has the thing adopted somewhere.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

I agree. In that scenario I would factory reset the AP, try again. If it still doesn't work, then return it. I've had a few UniFi APs I had to factory reset multiple times before they would adopt...

Untanglit

Ones at the office are on the same VLAN as the controller. Ones remote where supposed to be setup in advance, but were not. So now I get go try and adopt a AP and a switch remotely. Fun times.

I'll mess around with it and figure it out eventually. I'm thinking as sky-night said since the controller is on a server its a firewall issue now.

Honestly you don't want to set them up in advance, because if you do it just makes getting them to sync up to the controller that much harder.

Ensure your DNS records for unifi is resolving to the internal IP address of the controller, then if you're using a MS Domain, you need to add all the IP ranges inside your networks to Active Directory Sites and Services, that way the domain profile works in your favor on the Windows firewall.

Or, just turn the blasted thing off via GPO like I do, so tired of dealing with it. You don't want to know how many times I've put in a rule for something and the traffic is still not passed.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untanglit

Turns out the port my controller used was 8089 and not the default 8080, so no wonder it couldn't find it.

Anyways it is working now.

Master Untangler

Awesome! Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by kballard View Post
    Turns out the port my controller used was 8089 and not the default 8080, so no wonder it couldn't find it.

Anyways it is working now.
    DOH! >< That'll do it! Oh man... I hate it when it's something that dumb, but isn't it always?
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12