Untangler

Default Cannot Browse through IKEv2 Client

All,

I have my box serving up IKEv2 connections for VPN clients. The clients can connect fine, and can ping and tracert fine (Windows clients). They can do this via IP and domain names.

Browsing using HTTPS does not work. The browser always says it's waiting for a response, then times out.

The internal host name is different than the external host name due to our DNS - we are being served a "dynamic" DNS name that we use to point to our public IP. Note that it's not a dynamic IP because our IP doesn't change, but we do not own the domain that points to our public IP. This is because we have an internal domain name that we assign for our use only.

So:

Externally, we have an IP address, or we have thisisnotmy.domain.com.
    Internally, we have an internal IP address and a internaldomainthatsnotroutable.local.

Will this work with IKEv2? I obviously have the certificates working in some fashion if the VPN connects, right? Is this a certificate problem with the internal and external names being different? I do have the internal and external names in the subject line as well, which is the only way the VPN will connect.

I'm very much a beginner when it comes to certificates, so go easy on me if this is obvious - I've been searching google and the forums for hours but can't seem to find an answer, so that tells me I'm not searching for the right topic.

Thank you for the assistance.

Untangler

Please disregard. After rebooting the server, everything worked as expected.

EDIT: After sitting for 15 minutes, it's back to not routing things as explained above. What is going on?

Usually when this happens to me it's a DNS issue. Are you certain the connected client is resolving the correct IP address?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Usually when this happens to me it's a DNS issue. Are you certain the connected client is resolving the correct IP address?
    DNS is resolving correctly. Pings work. Browsing does not for some reason.