Question Does Untangle support L2TP over IPsec VPNs?

I currently have a Draytek 2860 router that connects to my grandparents Draytek 2862 router via a site-2-site L2TP over IPsec VPN tunnel. I intended to replace my 2860 with a Untangle solution, but keep the 2862 at my grandparents.

• My grandparents 2862 dials out into my 2860 and provides bidirectional access between my LAN and my Grandparents LAN.

•My LAN network is 10.100.1.0/24 with my router being 10.100.1.1 and my grandparents LAN network is 10.100.12.0/24 with their router being 10.100.12.1

Now I have been playing around with the Untangle demo and from what I can tell, it looks like it supports L2TP over IPsec, however I want someone how is experienced with Untangle to confirm this?

Below is a screenprint of my Grandparents 2862 routers VPN settings, and want to check that it will still be able to dial out and form a site-2-site VPN tunnel when I replace my 2860 with a Untangle solution.

VPN1.JPG
    VPN2.JPG

So my question is, will Untangle support my Grandparents 2862 router in it's current VPN configuration dialing out into a Untangle solution?

I also use L2TP over IPsec for Client-2-site VPN connections on my current 2860 router; I assume if Untangle supports the above setup, it will also support Client-2-site VPN connections.

Regards: Elliott.

Yes, L2TP is supported. https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...VPN#VPN_Config You will need to purchase the IPsec Tunnel app.

I can't specifically say if the Draytek 2860 is compatible but if it follows the specifications, it should. I would recommend using IPsec tunnel instead of L2TP since from the screen capture of the 2860, it appears support it.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I will be using the Home Pro version of Untangle, so purchasing the IPsec app should not be required as far as I know.

I know Untangle supports L2TP and IPsec VPN's individually, this was about a L2TP over IPsec VPN tunnel.

Also does the Untangle Z6 appliance support Home Pro? Whilst I don't see the option to buy Home Pro with the Z6 as part of a bundle, can Untangle Home Pro be installed on the Z6?

Regards: Elliott.