Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

I can assure you that we want to fix this issue, and we are working on it. The issue is that we cannot reproduce it on our test beds.
    This is why, for the time being, we have asked users to move over to OpenVPN.

Untangle Ninja

tcutis,

I have a separate HW standing without any clients behind were we can reproduce this issue.
    But there has not been any feedback on the jira issue for 2 days now.
    After every update of the jira that some one from your side has done I have responded within minutes.

I will gladly work harder or more intensive with all of the Dev/Engineering team as I have done for almost 11 years now.

But there are now walls/ppl to jump all around just to get us end users getting taken seriously.
    We all are here because we want to fix it or want our networks to be 100% reliable.

What more do you need form me or others to trouble shoot this issue?

Untangler

Webfool,
    If you have a device that shuts off when an L2TP client connects to it, then I am sure that the engineers would love to have access to that.
    As for the other issue that you are working with them on, I have no further insight into that, unfortunately. It is currently being worked on, and I am sure they will reach out if they need more information from you.

Untangle Ninja

Well I have a box where it Random reboots and we can reproduce it over L2TP.

And as mfwade started this thread it sounded much like my problem.
    They might not be related or they are I don't know.
    But then how many Kernel Panic bugs can there be?!

https://jira.untangle.com/browse/NGFW-13240
    is what you are seeking.

Untangler

I am not sure if they are the same issue, but I will look further into it and reach out to you if we determine it is.

Thank you!

Untanglit

If at any time engineering support wants access to my box, please let me know. We can recreate the failure every time I attempt to connect via L2TP... It did it twice on me this evening as I was traveling.

-MW

Untangle Ninja

mfwade,

Is it true even if you have disabled QoS?

Untanglit

Yes, doesnt appear to make a difference. I am going to test something today. I have noticed that if I save the username's password on the client and connect it doesnt crash (I think...) however in stark contrast on another device that I dont have it saved, it appears to crash once I enter the password and click ok to connect. It may be purley coincidental but will try to reproduce later today after the kids are done with their school classes or in the evening when the wife allows me to take it down.

-MW

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by mfwade View Post
    Yes, doesnt appear to make a difference. I am going to test something today. I have noticed that if I save the username's password on the client and connect it doesnt crash (I think...) however in stark contrast on another device that I dont have it saved, it appears to crash once I enter the password and click ok to connect. It may be purley coincidental but will try to reproduce later today after the kids are done with their school classes or in the evening when the wife allows me to take it down.

-MW
    So go figure, I try to recreate it today and it doesnt crash, sigh... I was connected with my phone and ipad without issue. So now I go from consistantly crashing to intermittent. The perverbial needle in a haystack.

Let me know what else I can to to assist in troubleshooting.

-MW

Untangle Ninja

Well then we might have two separate Kernelpanic bugs :-(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12