Default Local Network already in use

Hi,

i have a problem an i dont know how to handle it.

we have to setup a ipsec tunnel to a customer - our LAN GW is 172.16.255.254/16
    so the problem is that our customer is already using this the subnet 172.16.x.x/16 with one of his other clients

so now we need a solution how we can use another subnet (for example 10.49.78.x) the will internaly point to our LAN 172.16

Unfortunately there is no solution with IPsec for overlapping IP ranges. The only solution is to change your network range.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

ok... so there is no way to build like a "fake" LAN on our side, or do something with NAT?! The only solution here is to change our hole LAN from 172.16.x.x. to something else??? wow

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Mario1 View Post
    ok... so there is no way to build like a "fake" LAN on our side, or do something with NAT?! The only solution here is to change our hole LAN from 172.16.x.x. to something else??? wow
    Welcome to planning the network properly I know it sucks
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Master Untangler

I did a few of those 2-way NAT way back with Cisco routers. This was during a time when large companies were merging and neither wanted to budge and change their network addresses. It worked but it was messy.

I'd fix the overlapping addresses. Don't just work around it. Who's to say that your VPN issue is the only problem to solve?
    dashpuppy likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I did a few of those 2-way NAT way back with Cisco routers. This was during a time when large companies were merging and neither wanted to budge and change their network addresses. It worked but it was messy.

I'd fix the overlapping addresses. Don't just work around it. Who's to say that your VPN issue is the only problem to solve?
    With Mikrotik you can create hairpin nats to do exactly what you are trying to do, but with Untangle it's a no go! I remember doing it for clients that have you know the basic 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 home networks lol !

AHHHH $hit this is bringing back memories ! MUST NOT REMEBER this nightmare !
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!