Untanglit

Default Update Untangle with LAN interface

I am trying to get untangle internet access with just LAN interface connected since I need to migrate the WAN edge.

So I have ISP->Firewall->Switch->Internal LAN
    |
    |
    Untangle Server

I have a route configured to use my firewall .1 for its default route on the untangle box. Still no access. I can get to the admin dashboard on the local network so I know the network port is working. My firewall is doing the nat for now.

Is it possible to accomplish this? Is a rule needed to allow this?

It is not possible to accomplish this, the default route in the system is always a gateway address on a marked WAN interface.

If you don't want to reconfigure an existing WAN, then you need to configure another interface to be a WAN, and if that WAN interface is on the same IP range as a configured LAN... it won't work.

This configuration violates the cardinal rules. https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...Cardinal_Rules

What I've done in this situation is configure a junk subnet that lives over my untagged network, and configure a "wan" interface statically to live in that subnet. Then I can disable this interface when I'm done.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

I just changed the Lan interface to wan interface and used firewall as default gateway for now to get things going.

Master Untangler

Why not go :

So I have ISP->Firewall->Untangle >Switch->Internal LAN

Bridge mode ..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!