Untanglit

Default LAN interface: from static to dhcp

Hi,

I would like to try your new product (seems very interesting to me), installing it on my ESXi.

Before to proceed to configuration (via initial wizard setup), I need to change IP address of LAN interface from static (192.168.1.1) to DHCP (at this moment).

If I understood correctly, SD-WAN router is based on openwrt so, just after ESXi image installation, I must to change eth0 (or eth1) from static to DHCP with linux shell commands (via VMWARE console).

Am i right? There are any other changes I must to apply before proceed to initial wizard setup?

Thanks in advance

LAN address on any router must be static since it is a gateway. The WAN is DHCP by default. So I don't understand your request.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Thanks, you are right on the final configuration but during my tries I would like to not shutdown my LAN router (192.168.2.1) and I can't use 192.168.1.1 because this is IP address of my ISP router.

So, can I to set sd-wan ip address to static 192.168.2.199 (for example)?

Thanks

You can make it whatever you want, but it must be static. You will want to disable DHCP on Untangle so you don't have the two routers arguing over each other over control of the network, and from there you're free to statically configure LAN devices to use Untangle if you wish.

But honestly, given your questions... beware... you're starting to open Pandora's Box. I won't tell you to stop, because you need to do this, it'll be a huge education on how networks actually function. But if you screw up, you may find yourself back on these forums in a mad panic because nothing works, and we'll be very poorly equipped to assist.
    f1assistance likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Thanks for your suggestion but I know.

Cfg done, I asked for some advice because I don't know very well openwrt (anyway, I disabled DHCP and set IP internal4 to a different static address).

Now I start to try sd-wan.