Default Web traffic not routing via UT

Hello to all,

I have just installed Untangle to test in a company environment.
    I can access Webui via my PC, my internet is working from client side an from UT. problem is that the web traffic is not going through UT. there is no activity/logs on the UT server not sure where the Ext Nic should plug into for UT to come into play.
    My current setup is.. UT in Bridge mode

Ext IP xx.xxx.xxx.13
    Int Bridged
    GW IP xx.xxx.xxx.1 (cisco 3600 router - my site offices)

ISP router xx.xxx.xxx.3
    VPN router xx.xxx.xxx.2
    VPN Lucent FW (3 ETH ports, two going to main SW)
    the last three are connected via 4 port switch

Clients GW is xx.xxx.xxx.1

where should my Ext Cable connect too for Ut to register traffic?
    I have added a make shift layout

Thanks

Russel Damons

mdh

First, I'm not sure I follow your main traffic path. Is it going through the .1 gateway to telecom, or to .3 for the ISP? Because of my confusion there, I will make a generic statement and you can see how it fits for you and your network design.

Untangle must sit in-line and all traffic must flow through Untangle. If Untangle is a bridge, its gateway setting and the gateway setting for users behind Untangle should be the same. Untangle's external address/netmask must also be compatible with the IPs used. There cannot be an alternate traffic path that allows traffic to bypass Untangle, else Untangle cannot process traffic.

Must the Ext Nic be physically connected to the Router?
    can I explain.. My default GW for users is xx.xxx.xxx.1 which is the cisco 3600 to which my site offices connect to via Diginet links. below is a route i found in the config of the 3600. does this mean that is re-routes all traffic to the ISP router(xx.xxx.xxx.3) from here?

ip classless
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.192.129.3

no ip http server
    no ip pim bidir-enable

Untangler

Yes. the "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.192.129.3" is your default route command on the router. It says basically, route any any to 10.192.129.3

the "no ip http server" turns off the web interface on the router (gui config).

The "no ip pim bidir-enable" turns off bidirectional Protocol Independent Multicast. This also has nothing to do with your internet traffic not flowing.

Try the following in the following order:
    1.) Ping untangle from a workstation
    2.) Ping the switch from a workstation
    3.) Ping the cisco router from a workstation
    4.) Ping www.google.com or www.yahoo.com from a workstation

Alternatively, you can use "tracert www.google.com" from a workstation, but sometimes this takes longer to give you a clear picture.

From the console of UT, pull up the terminal and try to ping the internet. Does that work? Try and browse from UT's web config on the terminal (you can add a tab and surf the web directly on UT).

Basically, like a garden hose that isn't getting water out the spout, start at one end and work your way back.