Untangler

Default Better way to install Untangle in this environment?

I have a semi-weird network where i need to install Untangle. Its a small office building and each office is independent. One office has 5 users and has elected to purchase the Professional Package for 1-10 users. The problem is that all offices share the same internet connection that goes through a Walmart Linksys router. How can I install untangle to protect just the one office? I would love to just replace the current router with untangle but then I will run into licensing problems.

I was thinking I can put Untangle in bridge mode and leave everything else alone. That means DHCP will pass through untangle to the protected workstations and the network will stay essentially the same. Are there any unforeseen problems that can arise from doing this? Is there a better way?

Untangle Ninja

Sounds like a bridge installation would be the best.
    Will the end users use OpenVPN in that case you will need to add a static route or activate a packet filter.

Otherwise there are no different.

Master Untangler

Bridged Install is the best way forward.

Untangler

I don't think they will utilize OpenVPN but if they do how would I go about getting it to work?

OpenVPN on a bridge mode requires:

1.) UDP 1194 forwarded to Untangle
    2.) Proper OpenVPN configuration of Untangle (not always as clear as it should be)
    3.) a Static route in the router that forwards packets destined for the OpenVPN address pool to Untangle.
    4.) a Static router in the router that forwards packets destined for the far side of a site to site tunnel to Untangle.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Thank you I can manage that!