Default DHCP settings delay?

How long does it take after you put in a new MAC address and IP into the DHCP server tables (via GUI, not by being tricky) does it take for them to take effect? I have been working with VM's lately, and it seems to be ignoring me (giving them addresses from the regular pool).

I would think that the authoritative setting (i have it on) would see that I have given MAC X IP Y, and then take it away from whoever has it (the no longer existing MAC Z).

I have verified that I can type, .

running UT 6.2

EDIT: rebooting UT seems to have no effect (didn't think it would, but it doesn't hurt to try)
    Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 10-17-2009 at 04:30 AM.

it will take effect after their current lease runs out and they ask for a new one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Also, make sure you've got the VMs configured correctly. They have a nasty habit of dynamically assigning macs as needed and it makes this sort of thing a PITA. Make sure you've set the thing to static.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

It has a static MAC, and UT keeps assigning it the wrong IP. i had to set it static (IP) to what I want, and it's STILL showing up in the DHCP list as the wrong entry. shouldn't have the wrong lease if it's not asking for one methinks. who knows. Port forwards are working OK.

EDIT: is there a way to remove entries from the current list?
    08:00:27:ed:bd:0d 192.168.0.110 won't go away, even though there's nothing with that IP.
    Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 10-18-2009 at 12:27 AM.

OK, well i ran

sudo dhclient -r
    sudo dhclient

And then it magically bound to the IP it's supposed to have. I love magic.

Out of curiosity, when DHCP is set to authoritative in UT, isn't it supposed to demand clients let go of "incorrect" IP addresses?