Master Untangler

Default Problem generating a CSR

Hello guys, this box is 7.1: when I generate a CSR it does for untangle.example.com.

I changed hostname at Networking, Hostname and restarted but it keeps generating the CSR for the default hostname.

Any idea?

You need to change the hostname, re-generate the self-signed certificate, and then you can generate a new CSR.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Master Untangler

I'm trying to do that but the "Generating Certificate" dialog keeps on top and its progress bar running (+5 mins)

Master Untangler

It was a problem with that box. Using another it created the self signed one with new data, then the CSR, and I used this at our CA issuing a certificate for SSL.

How can I import it in UT? it has text space to paste the certificate and I have a .cer file. I tried converting its content to base64 without success.

When you request the cert from the CA, tell them you want it in the format that is compatible with Apache2.

If you can't do that:

Code:
    openssl x509 -in file.cer -inform d -out file.pem
    should convert it into a format you can paste.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Master Untangler

thank you!!