Untangler

Default pop3 mail being sent 40+ times

We installed an untangle box in bridge mode but soon after all 8 users behind it reported that email was getting stuck in the outbox if it was over 2MB yet the recieptant would call saying that they've received it not once but 20+times or until the email was deleted from the senders outbox.
    Web activity etc is fine just email from Outlook.

dsl Modem/router - UT (latest version via upgrade from previous- bridged - default settings) - switch - lan (win2k8 file server and 8 vista users).

Email= MS Outlook 2007 - pop3

Only by bypasing the UT, so router straight into switch, did all issues disappear.

So just wondering if I've fluffed it somewhere or if someone else has coma across this.
    TA.

same problem here
    outlook reporting that there is a problem with sending mail and sends it again and again...but all the emails are really going out and the reviver gets like 40 same email messages

Well since the untangle doesn't even inspect outbound SMTP traffic, I don't know what to say.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

interesting.... Check to see if the interfaces are not reversed. The bridge mode works if the interfaces are reversed. Go to one of the block sites on the web filter to see if you get the plain text block page or the regular block page.
    to be understood, you must first understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Default yup cheers

Y'know I would normally check those things but seeing as it was beyond my seista time I crunched and pulled the plug.

So going back out there Monday but yup...I guess you're both right on that front...whatta n00b!

Although I will let you know if different

Bah, everyone that installs Untangle servers will put the thing in backwards at least once. Don't feel bad.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

in my case nothing is backwards. everything else works
    - wsoft
    - kaspersky
    - protocol control...
    - everything else

boyan.sharic, then you either don't have "exactly" the same problem, or you didn't really check to see if your interfaces are backwards.

Everything would work with the interfaces reversed except for some very specific things.

Verify that if you unplug the external interface that the little light goes out in the Untangle UI on the interfaces page.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com