Default Two WAN, 1/2 LAN use one, 1/2 LAN use other

To clarify the title further, I have two WAN connections (utilizing the DMZ for the second) and I have twenty-five computers that need to use WAN A and five computers that need to use WAN B (DMZ port). All thirty computers need to talk to each other.

In my testing, I installed a fresh copy of Untangle 7.1, connected it to the two WANs and attempted a NAT policy to route the single test client to use WAN B rather than WAN A. I used the client's LAN IP address as the source address and WAN B's IP address and netmask (didn't work) and tried the opposite (didn't work).

No filters/apps are installed on this test install of Untangle. This setup is only for clients accessing the internet; no incoming traffic for webservers, etc is needed.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Welcome to the forums. You can use the WAN balancer. The WAN balancer has the source routing. You can specify which IPs go out on which WAN.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Any other way than spending $270/yr for a basic function? Seems like there should be one or two settings to be done to separate traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by BGCC_Tech View Post
    Any other way than spending $270/yr for a basic function? Seems like there should be one or two settings to be done to separate traffic.
    Not with Untangle, those one or two settings are in WAN Balancer.

You could just use Linux or any of the BSDs.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Okay, so I installed WAN Balancer, left the balance at 50/50 for the connections and specified two source routing rules:
    1. 172.16.0.10/24 to use DMZ
    2. 172.16.0.0/24 to use External

I had tried only the first rule, but that computer still utilized the External interface so I tried adding the second rule and it made no difference. I guess I am missing something but I haven't the faintest idea what.

you want to use 172.16.0.10/32 to lock that PC
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Well I still didn't get it to work. Thanks for the help but I am going to see about getting Windows Server to do it instead.

1. 172.16.0.10/24 to use DMZ
    2. 172.16.0.0/24 to use External

they are the same......