Untangler

Default No Go on large emails

I'm trying to send a 3mb email and it fails... any suggestions.

What failure are you getting? How do you know it is failing? Can you send it to differnet addresses? Does it send when untangle isn't there? What email client are you using? What email server are you using? Is it raining where you are? Is it one attachment or multiple?

mdh

Careful RichieIDI...you're starting to sound like me!

My bad. Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, thanks for changing your avatar, the last one freaked me out.

Untangler

outlook says it timed out... actually found out that it does send... about 30 times. I had this happen to me before when tring to send a big attachment. I think outlook might be timing out!? with just router no problems sending email (smtp) untangle for some reason acts a fool. multi attachment but it happend before with just one.

No rain, just snow

mdh

RichieIDI ... Don't you like Marty Feldman? I always got a kick out of him. He looked like a speed freak with high blood pressure.

jcyphert ... Sending 30 times means that the sending server never got an acknowledgment from your server that the message was received, so it keeps on trying. Look to see if you are blocking the server's ability to talk back at the firewall. Not receiving may be because you are blocking file extensions.

Untangler

there is no firewall rules enabled... I just replaced patch cable that was not factory made. everything seems to be in great shape. Could that be a possible explanation?

mdh

Flaky cables can create flaky results. Sometimes they're consistent in their flakiness, but sometimes they're flaky in that regard too.