Untangler

Default Email woes since latest upgrade

I've learnt from previous headbutts not to set upgrades on auto especially on clients....although I forgot to do this on my own box.

So since this morning my email receipents have been calling me with a polite abuse not to send them the same email 20+ times...which is annoying if its around 4Mb.

I've had this situ before which resulted in the nics being backtofront so reversing them sorted that little misfit out.

However nothing has changed since....aprt from a recent upgrade on my box and now all email in Outlook (2007) stays stuck in the Outbox and by going into the 'Event Logs' in Spam Blocker I can see from 9:01am this morning every email sent from that machine is being sent said 20+ times?

So even though I never touched the nics/cables...nada..honest ;-) I will reverse them if that's what others will advise.

But i just wanted to see if it could be something else as...well...it is April 1st and maybe amusing to some to upgrade my box on that date which bugged out

Chin Chin

Master Untangler

I believe it has been documented that the NICs can occasionally get reversed during an upgrade. Log into the web GUI and verify that they are still setup correctly.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Danp View Post
    I believe it has been documented that the NICs can occasionally get reversed during an upgrade. Log into the web GUI and verify that they are still setup correctly.

hmm yup they're all good..pulled out the ext nic and refreshed and so all is where it should be...so something else...maybe there was something in the Policy Manager that didn't like the update?