Default Wait time for smtp email to come to exchange

We inadvertently put two untangle servers in the same network. Then mail in the smtp server stopped Coming through.

I have restarted the router/server/untangle. Could someone please explain to mr how mail from smtp mail will come to the server and what possible reason could it be if mail is not coming in to the local mail server. Many thanks.

Untangler

So have you know taken out the 2nd Untangle server from the network. How is network configured, like so for example:

ISP> dls modem/router > Server? (is this SBS2003 or 2008 ie. 2 nics or 1, Exchange server alongside windows server ) > Untangle (in bridge mode i'm guessing?)

I have Untangle Server working in a bridge mode with the SBS2003 server having 2 network interface cards.
    I did fix the problem and it was nothing to do with Untangle. Apparently I set the port forward to my sbs server incorrectly on the router, so it was bouncing to nowhere. All working now.

But I am still curious...if there are two UT servers on the same network segment (as in physically linked to the same router/switch) that is going to cause contention for stuff like port forwarding and such?

I am just trying to wrap my head around how it will work.

You can have more than one UT box in your network without issues, as long as you have it setup properly. You could say have 1 as your router and 1 in bridge mode behind it, or both in bridge mode, you could have both as routers.

With that being said as stated before on the forums there is no reason to have them protecting the same segment, unless they are running different modules (in the event you had 2 under powered boxes, or something like that).

Yeah I was not meaning to set up two ut servers in a network. It is just that we might use UT Server as a solution for our clients and I was trying to work out whether it would be safe to hook up one UT Server with an existing one (in a switch) and whether that will stuff things up.

I was trying to understand the ramifications. Many thanks.