Untangler

Default DHCP only on eth4?

My UT server has 6 NICs setup the following way:
    eth0: External, static wan
    eth1: Internal, static (192.168.168.1/24)
    eth2: DMZ, bridges to eth0
    eth3: static, not currently used
    eth4: static
    eth5: static wan

I have DHCP running on a couple servers on 192.168.168.1/24.

I'd like to get UT to do DHCP for only eth4 for guests to access the internet in the 192.168.173/24 range. I tried putting dhcp-range=eth4,192.168.173.100,192.168.173.200,14400 in the DHCP & DNS Custom Field but it didn't work. Because I don't have DHCP running on Internal (eth1) I have DHCP turned off everywhere else in UT.

So, what do I need to set to have UT serving out DHCP leases only on eth4? Also, do I set the DNS servers for those leases in the Custom Field or somewhere else in the system?

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

There are special packet filter rules in place on Untangle. The first, blocks all DHCP to all interfaces. The second two, allow DHCP on Internal, or on the DMZ interface. You cannot create working packet filter rules to pass this traffic. Therefore, at this time Untangle can only operate as a DHCP server on the Internal and DMZ interfaces.

So if you rework your connections a bit you can make this fly. Just to turn on the appropriate rule in the packet filter.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to be able to create a packet filter rule for DHCP and that interface but I guess not. Only thing that would have done was actually let me use the DMZ interface as a DMZ, and not have to use another interface as the DMZ. No biggie as long as it works. But it will bug me every time I work on it that I can't have them named correctly.